Thursday 11 August 2011

Freight (2010, UK)

"Here's how I negotiate. I will burn every toilet you have then I will burn you." end quote.  This film is hilarious for the wrong reasons. It's so disjointed and off the wall, I spent the whole time wondering if I was missing some bigger joke.
                Freight begins with one original opening. A man marrying into a family of boxers who own a rental toilet industry, get into one of the toilets as it is being stolen from an event. The toilet gets driven to a warehouse with a truck full of Romanian slaves traders, in the worst slave trafficking attempts ever seen in film.  The owners of the toilets come to the place and beat up all the Romanian slave traders to retrieve their toilet back along with their new family member. And so starts a gang/mob war between the Slave Traders and the Boxers. And after a kidnapping of the toilet boss's daughter, one of the boxer coincidentally gets killed in an underground fighting competition ran by the same Romanian Slave traders.
                This show is insane. The acting is so brilliantly bad and over the top that I found myself enjoying the audacity of it all. There were a couple of moments where the film even tries to be sentimental which caused me to laugh out loud. This film is jam packed with prostitutions, gun shootings, and physical abuse, that it should be considered a grind house flick.
                Plenty of dialogue in this film is so awkward to listen to that I started wondering if they were even using a script. One moment in particular that I liked, was between the toilet dad and his son after another chain of violent events. When asking his son where he got a gun, and finding out it was from a kid in a park, the dad says, "The government of this country has completely lost it?"
"You don't know the half of it dad." says his son.
"Neither do they."
Neither do I.  I don't know the half of it. There is no sense of reality anywhere in this film. People are being shot dead all over the place and there doesn't seem to be any clean up or ramification. There is no police, one warped concept of morality, and no concept of how a strip club would work.  
This is just plain wrong on all levels.
Avoid it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home